India is the birthplace of Ayurveda, a practice which has been in existence since 5000 BC. It is even a country where opening the kitchen cabinet to look for a quick fix to any skin type or hair problem in a common practice. These rich traditions have given rise to multiple homegrown cosmetic brands, alongside those inspired by a more Western ethos. Here is our list of Certified Organic Skincare Brands in India:
- Kama Ayurveda: Kama Ayurveda was founded in the year 2002 and has gone on to be one of the most recognisable Ayurvedic Beauty Brands in India. Each of their products have been inspired by time-tested ingredients of Ayurvedic and contain 100% natural products. The multiple beauty awards that have been showered upon Kama Ayurveda are testament to their excellency. This brand comes under the Top 5 organic beauty brands in India.
- Lakme: Probably the most famous and the best organic beauty brands in India, Lakme was started in the year 1952 and borrows its name from a French opera. Interestingly, it was the former Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru who have suggested that an indigenous cosmetic brand be set up as more and more Indian women were found to be spending money on expensive foreign beauty brands. Their Rose Face Powder, Weightless Matte Mousse Lip and Check Colour and Absolute Skin Natural Mousse are some of the much-loved Lakme products.
- Biotique: Not only are the ingredients in Biotique products fully organic and preservative-free, even their packaging is eco-friendly and even be recycled. Biotiqeu employs a procedure called cold extraction whereby all the active ingredients of the original plants are preserved in the products, so that whenever applied to the body, it can reap wholesome advantages. The Dandelion Ageless Lightening Serum, The cucumber pore tightening toner and Mountain Ebony Vitalising Serum for Falling Hair are their hero products.
- Colorbar: With a number of both international and homegrown brands pitted against each other, the beauty industry in our nation is a tough segment to crack. It is to colorbar’s credit that even though they only entered the scene in 2005, when brands like L’Oreal, Revlon and Lakme had already found a firm footing, they have gone on to become one of the most sought after make-up brands in the country. Colorbar’s lipstick range includes Velvet Matte Lipsticks and Kiss Proof Lip Stain are much in demand.
- Lotus Herbals: Lotus Herbals is a well-known Indian brand producing over 250 skin care, hair care and make-up products. They are a natural cosmetics company which believes in integrating the ancient science of Ayurveda with modern innovations in beauty. When the brand initially started in 1993, they were exclusively reporting their products, but very soon built a strong market in India as well. Lotus Herbals’ sunscreen products aer hugely popular and their 3-in-1 Matte look daily sunblock and Daily multi-function sunblock are considered to be the best among them.
Share this post
- Tags: Blogart