Motherhood is indeed a beautiful journey. The joy of holding your newborn baby in your arms is truly priceless. One issue which all new moms face is how to set their newborn baby's sleep schedule. If you are also sailing in the same boat then do not worry at all. Read on to find how to make baby sleep on his own.
When a newborn baby sleeps better, they will be more tolerant, patient and more engaging. It is never too late to nurture good sleep habits in your baby. This will help you as well in getting the much needed rest. Below noted tips will help you in this regard.
- Swaddling is a great way to put a baby to sleep. You just need to keep a tight swaddle, as this will prevent your little one from startling himself awake, helping him to sleep longer and also better.
- If you want to know how to get newborn to sleep without being held then dreamfeed is your best bet. This is the feeding which you give to your little one right before you sleep. Dreamfeed helps in preventing your baby to wake up just after you have slept. It can really help your little one to sleep for a longer duration.
- You need to limit your baby's naps during the day time. I know it is tough to wake up a sleeping newborn baby, but if your little one sleeps for more than 2.5 hours during the daytime then you will have an issue with their night sleep schedule. If you want your baby to sleep better at night then you must break up their day sleep schedule.
- If you want to know how toput a baby to sleep in 40 seconds then white noise can help you out. The gentle sound will soothe your little one to sleep. New moms generally whisper 'shhh' to calm their newborn baby. This is an instinctual sound which mimics a mom's heartbeat and it works. When a baby hears this kind of sound, it helps to relax them and even helps in sleeping.
- It is important that you follow your baby's eating, waking up and sleeping cycle. This encourages full feeding by letting your baby to eat right after getting up. If you feed your baby after waking up rather than before sleeping, it will prevent your little one from associating feeding with sleep. If you keep in mind this cycle, your baby will just feed once before they sleep and that is during the bedtime.
- The best way to encourage your little one to sleep well eventually is by teaching them to fall asleep on their own.
I am sure after going through this blog you will be able to put your newborn to sleep at night and get yourself the much needed rest. As they say ‘the joy of motherhood comes in moments, take time to listen, to laugh and to play together’.