Buying clothes for your baby is one thing which all moms love to do. Putting together your baby's wardrobe can be quite confusing because it is tough to ascertain the correct size which would be perfect for your little one. Also, nowadays there is such a huge variety of baby clothes available, that choosing the best ones becomes a tough task.
Buying clothes for yourself and buying clothes for your baby are two different things. You need to keep in mind many things while buying clothes for your little one. Below noted tips for buying new-born baby clothes will help you.
- Comfort should be your top priority when you are buying clothes for your baby. Go for light, cotton fabric baby clothes. Do not go for synthetic fabric as it might irritate your little one's gentle skin. New moms tend to get carried away when they see cute baby clothes with frills and ribbons. However, it is best that you avoid such clothes as they might cause rashes. Go for simple baby clothes which you make your baby wear easily.
- Keep in mind the weather while buying clothes for your little one. For summers and rainy season, cotton clothes are your best option. For the winter season, you can pick up a few pieces in fleece. You should avoid bundling your little one in too many layers during the winter season to prevent overheating.
- There is no point buying too many baby clothes of the same size as your baby will outgrow them quickly. You just need to buy the basic clothes in suitable numbers and then keep buying as and when you need. You must read the labels carefully before you buy baby clothes. It is always better to buy slightly bigger clothes than fitted ones.
- Buy those baby clothes which do not involve wearing through your baby's head. It would be a great idea to pick up baby clothes which have broad necklines or those which come with snaps and buttons.
- You should buy baby clothes which are made from fabric that is easy to clean. As baby clothes tend to get dirty quite often, it is better you go for fabrics which do not retain stains.
- Apart from baby clothes, you should buy a good quality changing mat also. This will be very handy at home and also while you are travelling with your little one.
- Baby accessories are also very important. Buy a good number of burp cloths and bibs, so that you do not have to change your little one's clothes every time they spill something. Baby wipes also would be needed and are really useful.
Now that you know tips to shop for your new-born baby's clothes, go ahead get started right away. I am sure your baby will look lovely in those colourful onesies. With a little effort, you will be able to pick up the best baby clothes for your little one.
Written by Urvashi Newar
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed/shared in the blog above are personal opinions of the writer. Berrytree recommends you consult with your doctor/pediatrician/family before instinctively following any suggested steps