Having a baby is the best thing ever that can happen to a woman. The whole idea of a tiny human being nurturing in your womb is truly priceless. As moms, we leave no stone unturned to provide the best to our babies. Motherhood is about learning something each day from your baby. One issue which many new moms face is how to dress their baby for the winter season. It can be very tricky situation as babies can't tell whether they are comfortable or not, and moms generally tend to overdo when it comes to dressing up their babies during the winter season.
If you are a new mom and are unable to figure out how to dress your baby for winter then we have made it easy for you. Below noted tips for dressing baby for winter will help you out.
- One thing which you need to keep in mind while dressing your baby for winter season is dress them as you are dressed plus one layer. For instance, if you are wearing a shirt, sweater and trousers, then make your little one wear a bodysuit, a t-shirt, a light jacket and pants.
- Layering is the key when it comes to dressing your baby for winter. A couple of layers are your best bet if your baby will be staying indoors. You can begin with a onesie, then make your little one wear a full fleece piece. If your little one will be wearing a top and pants then make them wear socks and booties. If your baby’s toes and belly are warm then it means your baby is overdressed. And if your baby has a cool belly then it means they are not able to warm themselves and would need an extra layer of clothing.
- You need to be very careful when you put your baby to sleep during the winter season. Do not go for loose blankets. Let your baby remain on the cooler side than overdoing as overheated babies are at an increased risk for SIDS. Just a few layers of clothing along with a swaddling blanket should be enough for your little one to have a good night sleep.
- If you co-sleep with your baby then make them wear less layers of clothing as they will get warmth from your body. A full sleeves bodysuit and leggings are all that you would need to keep your baby warm and cosy during the night.
- It is important that you protect your baby's head and hands from cold. A woollen cap should do the needful. To keep your baby's hands warm, you can tug mittens.
I am sure after reading this piece of information you know how to dress your baby for the winter season. Your baby will definitely look adorable in cute mittens and booties. Just keep in mind these tips and your baby will be all set for the winter season. Happy Parenting.
Written by Urvashi Newar
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed/shared in the blog above are personal opinions of the writer. Berrytree recommends you consult with your doctor/pediatrician/family before instinctively following any suggested steps