Being a new mommy brings both responsibilities and joy. Isn’t it amazing how doing more for your newborn brings more satisfaction to your life? We get you. In fact, we also get the worry you feel when your baby sneezes or hiccups hit it. Every small change in the baby’s body or nature can be alarming at the moment for a new mother and one of them happens to be excess hair on the baby’s body.
Firstly, even though you expect baby skin to be soft and smooth, you must know that the hair on your baby’s body is normal. More than anything else, the presence of hair on your child’s body depends on genetics. Aesthetically, you might not find it pleasing but it’s there as a blessing to protect your baby’s skin. So do not stress about How To Remove Hair From Newborn Baby Body & face and parts of your infant’s body, just continue reading!
Benefits Of Hair On Baby’s Body
Yes, much like everything your child has received naturally from your womb, the hair is also a blessing for the baby in many ways.
- In the womb for the mother, soft baby hair called lanugo protects babies from the damage caused by the amniotic fluid in the baby bag.
- It also holds together a slippery layer Vernix Caseosa that keeps the baby warm, moisturized and helps it to pass easily through the birth canal.
- After birth, the soft hair on the body protects the delicate skin of the baby from infections and germs.
Ways To Remove Baby Hair
The excess hair on an infant’s body starts to shed naturally after four months, however, if that doesn’t happen, there are some home remedies that will help you How To Remove Hair From Newborn Baby Body & forehead and the other parts of the body.
- Massage the baby's body gently with olive oil twice a day.
- Before the bath, apply a paste of gram flour, turmeric, and milk on your baby’s body and massage.
- Make a dough with wheat and gram flour. Rub it slowly, all over the baby’s body. This will soften the roots of the hair and they’ll start shedding eventually.
- Massage using a paste of lentils, milk, and almonds.
- Or massage using a paste of almonds, turmeric, and yellow mustard.
- Before the bath, apply a paste of sandal powder, turmeric, and milk on the areas with excess hair. Remove the paste by gently rubbing it.
- Dip a bread piece into raw milk and massage over the baby’s body, regularly.
- After massaging the baby, make a paste of red masoor dal and baby cream. Apply it to the hairy areas and give a gentle massage once again.
- Soak raisin in milk and make a paste out of it. Massage it gently to your baby’s body for body hair removal.
- Massage with body oils like almond oil and mustard oil is highly recommended. Avoid coconut oil as it promotes hair growth.
- Using herbal powders for bathing has also shown good results when it comes to excess baby hair removal.
TIPS TO FOLLOW WHILE USING TO REMOVE HAIR FROM NEW BORN BABY BODY
Even though home remedies are absolutely safe to use but with the baby, you might want to be careful of these small steps.
- Baby’s skin is way more delicate than a grown-up so be gentle or it may lead to rashes, bruises, and allergies.
- See what’s comfortable for your baby and use that method. If your baby is not okay with dry paste and too much rubbing, listen and go ahead accordingly.
- Hair may grow back, don’t worry too much about it though. It’s natural.
- Be careful when using raw milk. Pathogens present in it may cause infections like diarrhoea and dysentery.
If you have any suggestions/ideas/queries regarding organic cotton kids clothes, do log in to www.berrytree.in or just hit me up for a quick chat.
Happy parenting to you!
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed/shared in the blog above are personal opinions of the writer. Berrytree recommends you consult with your doctor/pediatrician/family before instinctively following any suggested steps.