Eyes are one of the most sensitive parts of the human body. And when it comes to Baby’s eye then things are more delicate. Being a parent you never want your child to suffer from any eye-related disease or infection as it is really tough when your child has a stye or any other kind of eye infection.
A Stye is an eye infection caused due to bacteria ‘Staphylococcus Aureus’ which develops at the top or base of eyelashes. It usually occurs at the upper or lower eyelids forms on inner or outside of it like a pimple which looks like a red bump. Sometimes it is really painful too. Though this is something which automatically gets healed and cured easily in a week or two. But meanwhile, you can opt home remedies for an eye stye.
Before learning How to Get Rid of a Stye: Home Remedies and Treatments you must know about the reasons which cause stye on baby’s eye -
- Use of uncleaned towels for cleaning eyes.
- Rubbing eyes with dirty and bacterial hands.
- Use of dirty water.
Here we are explaining the home remedies to cure Sty in Babies -
A Stye is something which gets cured easily and automatically and vanishes in a week. However, using home remedies will speed up the healing process.
Caution - Don’t squeeze the stye while soaking, as this would only make things worse.
- Use Rosewater or freshwater - Stye is caused due to the use of dirty water, towel or hands. Keep your baby’s eye clean for this use rose water or fresh water. You can dip cotton balls in rose water and then gently clean the eyes with cotton balls. Or else you can put two to three drops of rose water (widely known as Gulab Jal) into the eyes of a baby. This cleans the baby’s eyes and reduces the chance of more styes or pain caused due to stye.
Caution - Consult pediatrician before implementing this remedy.
- Use Aloe-Vera - Aloe-vera also works wonder in healing the styes. Its anti-bacterial properties have a very cooling effect which reduces the swelling, inflammation and redness. Take an Aloe-Vera leaf, cut it from the centre, extract the gel and gently rub it on the affected area of the eye. Make sure to close the eyes while doing this. Allow it for 10-20 mins and wash it off with lukewarm water.
Caution - Make sure your baby is above 3 months of age.
- Use of Castor Oil - Castor oil can be used in healing stye. As it helps to hydrate the skin, reduce swelling, and cure the infection. Dip the cotton ball in the castor oil and put that cotton ball on eyelid for 10-15 mins and then remove the cotton ball. You can wash off the baby’s eye with lukewarm water too.
Caution - Do put pressure on the stye.
These are the home remedies that can be used for treating baby’s eye stye.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed/shared in the blog above are personal opinions of the writer. Berrytree recommends you consult with your doctor/pediatrician/family before instinctively following any suggested steps