Bearing a child in itself is a whole lot of responsibility. The warm feeling of being a mother for the first time brings in nervousness and poor health of the baby kicks in the guilt of not doing it right. A lot of the uncommunicated issues of the baby show up in behavioural symptoms such as fever, puke or loose motions. But, don’t you worry, there are many baby loose motion home remedies.
For parents who feed their little ones on liquid food, baby loose motion home remedies would include liquids such as:
- Breast milk: For babies less than 6 months, mother’s milk is the solution right away to keep your baby hydrated. Breast milk is a sure-fire home remedy for your little one’s loose motions. Breast milk helps speed up your baby’s recovery because of its high antibody content.
- Lemon-ginger juice: Adding pulps of ginger and lemon does instant wonders. The antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of lemon juice are widely popular and it is an excellent cure for loose motion in babies.
- Pomegranate juice: Encourage your baby to drink pomegranate juice. The juice reduces inflammation of the stomach and also improves digestion.
- Red- lentil soup: Take a cup of lentils and boil them in water. This superfood is packed with proteins and energy, which makes it healthy and easily digestible.
- Coconut water: Coconut water works best in providing baby loose motions home remedy. It helps regain your baby’s lost fluids. It is loaded with electrolytes such as sodium, potassium, and manganese that are super healthy for your baby’s fragile system. It is one of the safest and suitable baby loose motion home remedies.
For babies consuming solubles, the following foods might prove to be great baby loose motion home remedies:
- Banana: Fruits like banana rich in fibre work best for soothing and slowing down the bowel movement. Bananas contain potassium, zinc, iron, calcium, magnesium, and Vitamin A and B6. Loose motions can really drain your baby of his energy, so this would help replenish his strength. The potassium present in bananas helps get your infant’s digestion back to normal.
- Potato: Potatoes are rich in carbs, vitamins and minerals, such as potassium and vitamin C. Boil a potato, mash it completely, and add a pinch of salt. You may give this to your baby at least once a day!
- Curd Rice: Curd has probiotics that increase the good bacteria in the digestive system. It is, in fact, a wholesome meal when compared with the customised meals we try to feed our children when they are down with loose motions.
- Sabudana or sago water turns out to be one of the best baby loose motion home remedies. Boil sabudana in a boiler till it is completely immersed in water. Strain and give the water to your child to help maintain his body fluids and provide relief.
Foods that should not be merged in the baby loose motion home remedies list:
- Dairy Products except for curd and buttermilk
- Sweetened drinks or carbonated drinks like soda
- Some Fruits ( peaches, pears, prunes, plums)
- Dry fruits and nuts
- High fibre foods
- Raw salads and sprouts
- Spicy food
Besides adopting a proper diet, keeping your baby clean and disinfected is a primary to-do for baby loose motion home remedies. Do not force-feed your kid and allow sufficient rest to the digestive system.