Clothing Guide For Infants
Infants are little bundles of joy coming into this world to brighten up homes and strengthen bonds. Being a parent for the first time is an exhilarating experience and with the thrilling nine months finally over, you can now hold your baby in your hands. With joy, however, comes a level of perplexity as to what to do to care for your infant.
Caring for a newborn is a big task. From buying the clothes for your infant to shopping for some baby products, the list is neverending. To ease your trouble, we have put together a complete guide for clothes to help you with making the right choice.
Clothing Materials And Baby Skin
Everyone loves to see a baby dressed in cute outfits. But not every clothing apparel is comfortable for an infant. When buying clothes for infants, one should keep in mind the material of the clothing and its effect on the child's skin. The skin of a baby is thin and sensitive. They are prone to rashes and skin irritations and require the utmost attention when shopping for clothes.
Things to keep in mind while buying clothes for infants,
- Ease of use
- Material of the cloth
- Weather conditions
It is advisable to buy clothes made from cotton as it is a soft material that allows the skin to breathe. Due to scientific advances, organic cotton is the new norm for parents. Here are a few fabrics other than cotton for infant clothes,
- Merino wool
Clothes For Infants
Shopping for clothes for infants is a fun way to engage and channel your excitement for the coming baby. With so many options available in the market, here are the top five clothes for infants that are a must-have for new parents:
- Onesies - This item will not disappoint you! Onesies are comfortable clothes for infants. They are available in long sleeve and short sleeve - so choose what you like the best! They are easy to put on and take off, thus making the life of new parents a bit easier. Onesies come with a buttoned bottom that makes changing diapers convenient. If you love cute illustrations then take a look at some of these cute Unicorn White onesies, Dino onesies and Elephant onesies.
- Outerwear - Outerwear help regulate the temperature of the body and protects the newborn from the wind. However, a degree or two of temperature difference can make a baby start crying. So, buy outerwear that suits the climate of your area.
- Rompers - Babies do not need to get up and go to work like us. They need maximum sleep during their first few weeks. That is why buying rompers is a must. Rompers are comfortable outfits that come in various designs and styles such as a Blue Star romper or a Pink Panther romper.
- Shoes and Socks - Yes, we know that infants do not start walking immediately after birth but, the shoes and socks designed for infants keep their little toes warm. The hands and feet comprise blood vessels that are vital for regulating body temperature. That is why wrapping your baby's feet in socks and shoes, especially when going out, helps them maintain standard body temperature.
- Hats - Hats are significant for people living in cold areas or experiencing harsh winters. Hats protect the infant from severe weather conditions. You can also make them wear hats indoors but be conscious of their reaction as sometimes it can lead to overheating.
Browse Soft Organic Cotton Baby Clothes at berrytree Here
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed/shared in the blog above are personal thoughts of the writer. Berrytree recommends you consult with your doctor/pediatrician/family before instinctively following any suggested steps.