There is no right way to go about parenting. There are so many people sharing their knowledge, so many books and websites telling us what is right and what is wrong- we often feel overwhelmed. With that overwhelm and stress comes a lot of confusion about what to do and what not to do. Hence, it becomes important to focus on what is important and remember that your baby needs a healthy lifestyle to stay physically fit and that you know your baby the best. A nutritional diet is crucial to maintain that lifestyle you want your baby to be raised with.
A healthy and wholesome diet is the key to the growth and development of any child. Even from a very young age, it is important to feed your baby nutritional food that will lay a foundation for a fit and healthy life. One such Benefits of ragi for babies are often overlooked by young parents as it is a classical method to improve the baby’s health. But many times, the traditional methods prove to be very useful and also avoid harsh chemicals and such. Let us look at what Ragi does and how the benefits of ragi for babies can impact their health positively.
What is Ragi?
Ragi is majorly produced in India. It is also known as finger millets and contains important amino acids such as phenylalanine, methionine, isoleucine, and leucine. These are important for your child’s development, immune system, digestion, etc.
Let’s take a look at how the nutrients in Ragi helps a growing baby-
- A high content of calcium: The rich value of calcium in ragi will help your baby with bone density. It is crucial as the bones of the body are constantly growing at this time. A diet with rich calcium will help your child stay active and is one of the many benefits of ragi for babies.
- Rich source of iron: The crop gets the rich reddish-brown colour from the high percentage of natural iron it includes. Since your baby is growing, their body needs a lot of iron to stay healthy and build a strong immunity to different diseases. This age proves to be extremely vulnerable to infections and viruses. So a good amount of iron is crucial for the haemoglobin and is one of the numerous benefits of ragi for babies.
- Fibre: The crop has high amounts of fibre. For healthy digestion, a lot of fibre is necessary. And it is never a good idea to feed babies food which is heavy or has a lot of carbohydrates- not only will it boost obesity but also harm their digestive system.
- Antioxidant: Benefits of ragi for babies also include the number of antioxidants which act like relaxants for the babies. It proves to be essential for stress reliefs and issues such as anxiety, headaches, crying and insomnia.
For an efficient and healthy growth, these nutrients become crucial. Let us look at the few results you should expect by adding this helpful item to your baby’s diet.
Benefits of Ragi for babies-
- The calcium helps the babies with the development of their teeth. And since their milk teeth are not as strong as adult teeth, babies need good amounts of calcium to grow them out. A sweet ragi porridge is beneficial for better teeth that will result in adorable smiles and less crying.
- Since some genetic diseases like diabetes have a high risk, a baby needs essential materials like fibre and polyphenol in substantial amounts to help build immunity. The benefits of ragi for babies include lowering the risk of diabetes.
- With all the amazing benefits, good hair and skin also make the list. The great amounts of amino acids help your child with better skin and hair.
- The amino acids also help lower the amounts of fat so your child can have an obesity free lifestyle from the start. Lower the amounts of fats in their food, the better their activeness and energy become.
- The rich iron source helps prevent anaemia and build immunity to such diseases that prove to be harmful. The high amounts of fibre are great to make your baby feel full and prevent excessive eating which eventually helps their digestion.
- At a young age, malnutrition is always a great deal of worry to the baby’s parents. And the only way to prevent malnutrition is vaccines and a healthy diet that includes all the important nutrients required in any child’s growth. By adding ragi to the diet, you lower the risk of such issues and protect your baby.